What’s up with this REFOAM?!
Before we delve into exactly what REFOAM is all about, let me ask you a couple questions….
- Are you happy with the proven, consistent performance of your EPS foam insulating or cushioning packaging?
- Are the economics of EPS foam a boost to your bottom line?
- Are forces in the market threatening your tried and true EPS foam viability due to the perception that EPS foam is bad for the environment?
If your answers are all yes to the above, then we have good news for you! REFOAM is the breakthrough product from Integritemp that addresses your concerns.
Let’s review what REFOAM has to offer:
- REFOAM addresses much of the concern expressed regarding EPS and the environment.
- Proven, consistent performance – REFOAM replicates the performance of standard EPS foam
- Economics – REFOAM offers proven consistent performance while addressing environmental issues with only a small premium over standard EPS foam.
Do we have your interest? If yes, then let’s delve into the details of REFOAM a little deeper.
REFOAM is EPS blended with an additive that catalyzes degradation of the foam under a variety of conditions. While recycling is still encouraged as the preferential method of EPS disposal, REFOAM can also uniquely reduce the environmental impact of discarded foam, when recycling is not locally accessible or practical.
- Traditional EPS products can be expected to take hundreds of years to eventually degrade. The additive in REFOAM can speed up that process and enable degradation to start happening in just a couple of years.
- While many older landfills were designed to inhibit biodegradation, REFOAM, unlike traditional EPS, is well suited to newer bioreactive landfills that inject air to enhance degradation and then harvest the resultant methane gas as an energy source.
- REFOAM has been designed to not show appreciable degradation for approximately 2 years in dry storage conditions. This allows a reasonable shelf life for the product to be inventoried and used.
- Heat, moisture, and sunlight are all conditions found in nature that are favorable to activating the REFOAM degradation process, therefore reducing its long term impact on waterways, oceans, parks, or roadsides if it is carelessly disposed of.
- The additive blend used in REFOAM has been 3rd party tested. It is non-toxic and free of such regulated materials as heavy metals.
- The byproducts created as REFOAM is metabolized by microorganisms are CO2, H2O, and humus (compost) that is laboratory proven to be non-harmful to sensitive plant, animal, or aquatic life. The final material is also no longer a plastic or micro plastic.
- Though REFOAM is Oxo-biodegradable, recycling is still recommended as a first disposal option when practical, and can be combined with most other types of EPS foam materials in the recycling stream.
- REFOAM is also naturally free from chlorofluorocarbon (CFC), hydro-chlorofluorocarbon (HCFC), hydrofluorocarbon (HFC), or formaldehyde that could be harmful to the ozone layer.
- REFOAM remains a stingy user of raw materials, and can be up to 98% air, yet remains durable, versatile, effective, and economical for protective or insulative use.
So there you have it….the story of REFOAM.
Does it address concerns you are experiencing now?
Would you like to discuss potential projects for REFOAM to protect your products?
Please contact our expert sales team to discuss your interest in REFOAM. Call 800-228-9506 or email email@example.com. We are ready to help!