How to Recycle Your EPS Foam (Styrofoam) Cooler
At Plastilite, we are proud to create recyclable packaging. Many of our customers aren’t aware that expanded polystyrene (EPS foam) is recyclable – nor that it is being successfully recycled by businesses and consumers throughout the United States.
Did you know? EPS foam is:
How To Prepare you EPS Foam Cooler
Before you recycle your EPS foam:
- Clear your approved EPS container of tape, loose parts, etc.
- Ensure that your EPS container is completely empty
- You can break down the EPS, fitting more into your mail package
- If you’re shipping an EPS biomedical cooler, tape the top and bottom together, then apply shipping labels and postage directly to the cooler
Items that can’t be recycled with EPS foam packaging:
- Disposable food items like meat trays or egg cartons will not be accepted
- Foam packing peanuts are not recyclable
- Any other plastics that don’t have a #6 on them
Download our EPS Recycling Tips sheet
Drop Off Your EPS Foam Cooler
More than 125 million pounds of EPS was recycled in 2013. Will you participate? There are many locations throughout the United States that will take your EPS foam cooler and recycle it. Click the button to find the closest location to your home or office.
If you are in the Omaha, Nebraska area, you can drop off your EPS foam at our warehouse in our special recycle bin. Visit us at 4930 Battlefield Drive. Click here for a map of our location.
Mail Back Your EPS Foam Cooler
Don’t forget that you can also mail your EPS materials back to us should you not be near a recycling facility. As one of 30 EPS foam mail-back sites in the United States, Plastilite is proud to do our part in caring for the environment. If you would like to mail us your EPS materials, please send it to:
ATTN: EPS Recycling, Plastilite Corporation, 4930 Battlefield Drive, Omaha, NE 68152.
Drop-off or Mail Back
Feel free to either drop off or mail back your EPS foam materials, and we’ll recycle it for you. Our address is:
4930 Battlefield Drive
Omaha, NE 68152