The Retail Fishing Specialist position is responsible for picking, packing and shipping of all Retail related fishing products. Based in the warehouse, this individual will need to understand the different terminal tackle and float parts, maintain the inventory levels, cycle count and make necessary adjustments, pick and pack products for shipment to customers, package bulk items for retail sale and assist with unloading containers of products on a regular basis.
This position is based in the warehouse and is very active. Fishing materials are located on a mezzanine so there is a good deal of going up and down steps throughout the day.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
- Provide excellent customer service to Retail Department as well as Warehouse.
- Prepare pick lists, pick to orders, close open orders in company software.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse space.
- Pad print bobbers as orders are released.
- Liaison with Retail Sales to ensure orders are picked and shipped in a timely manner.
Marginal Functions: The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested such as working on a pack line to assist the warehouse in box packing operations. Individual should also be available to assist with running a printing machine to print logos on retail coolers.
Required knowledge and skills: An individual qualified for this job must have the following skills and experience or willingness to be trained.
- Experience with ERP software or Office 365 a plus
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with ability to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner, with customer-friendly focus and attention to detail in resolving issues.
- Accurately enter data in computer software, print and analyze reports.
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing shipping needs.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and ability to identify problems immediately and resolve matters quickly and effectively.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
Minimum experience, education and certifications:
- Customer service experience or warehouse experience preferred.
- Knowledge of fishing and terminal tackle items is a huge plus.
- Must be comfortable with Office 365 as well as personal computer applications and software.
Physical demands of essential functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an active position. This individual will be on their feet most of the day.
- Transport boxes of inventory, labels, warehouse supplies or products weighing up to 40 pounds.
Environmental conditions: The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The warehouse is not environmentally controlled except for heat. Individual must be able to work in a warm setting in Summer months.
ADA/ADAAA: The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments