The Plant Production Lead Person is will be responsible for assigning job duties and tasks to all production associates on their respective shift. The associates will include EPS Packers, Gel & Brick Packers, Floor Support Material Handlers, and Production Scanners. Will schedule breaks and lunches in an effective manner for the Associates that does not jeopardize the production schedule. Is also responsible to ensure all associates are properly trained and training is documented. Will be expected to perform all quality inspection requirements for product including cycle time verification, weights, water leak tests, cosmetic checks, correct packaging methods, box count audits, and audits of the correct presence of other components that are required. Works closely with Shift Supervisor with the production schedule to ensure all schedules presses are running and reports presses that are not running or are not meeting quality expectations. Is expected to report all unsafe working conditions to Shift Supervisor immediately. Is responsible to complete all necessary production documents such as hourly presses audit sheets, scrap tracking, downtime tracking, and the proper reporting of finished production. Will be responsible for monitoring all production work orders for status, timely movement of finished product and scrap to their appropriate locations, and accurate reporting to the work orders. Will be expected to maintain high levels of housekeeping and organization on the production floor. Will be expected to communicate status of production at the end of the shift with the incoming Plant Production Lead Person. Works effectively with Associates on several levels of the organization.
- One to two years of experience in the role of manufacturing Lead Person or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English. Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and use of decimals.
- Ability to complete tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Required to possess high levels of organizational skills and pays great attention to detail.
- Required to possess high levels of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with associates on several levels in a team oriented organization.